ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
OSHA has approved the "PocketLadr" as a "stationary scaffold." As long as it's used within those guidelines, i.e., 60" or less above floor/ground height, they consider it safe. The Englewood, Colo, Denver Regional and National Offices were all involved in the evaluation. Mike Lackey, President, PocketLadr LLC
http://www.pocketladr.com

P
I have the Dewalt RotoZip tool. I can not reccomend it to anyone else. The chuck is tightened by holding two plastic buttons, a very poor design. The bit will slip in the chuck, stop turning, turn blue from the friction and break off. Of course, you can't see that it is happening because the bit is in the wall. It cost me an extra trip to Big Orange to buy a second package of bits to figure out what was happening. I now carry a wrench with the tool to make sure the chuck is tight.

R
I would like to have a Bio Tek Iso tester,
but the heavy price tag for this glorified GFI tester means I wont have one. I'll find something else, it is Christmas. [Linked Image]

That's a joke, I don't want to loose the real meaning of the season, and the name is Christ.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 12-18-2002).]

S
One, two, three, four I do not want to start a flame war.

I have too disagree with the term of OSHA approved in the earlier post. Here is a excerpt from an OSHA letter of interpretation.

OSHA is generally precluded from approving or endorsing products. Also, the variable working conditions at job sites and possible alterations or misapplication of an otherwise safe product could create a hazardous condition beyond the control of the manufacturer. However, where appropriate, we try to give some guidance to help employers assess whether products are appropriate to use in light of OSHA requirements.

OSHA does not "approve" products. They may say that when used properly a product is possible to meet their regulations. But that does not mean it is "OSHA Approved"

If you have a letter from OSHA then please attach it or e-mail it to me.
Scott

M
Mistakenly tried to make a short response to earlier postings that referred to OSHA. "Approved" has to much meaning to some folks, so let me reword it: My point was that OSHA has seen them and sees no problem from a safety standpoint. They feel this is a safely designed tool and used within their stationary scaffold guidelines, is safe. I am familiar with the fact they don't "approve" the design of any tool or hardware.

S
So are you going to change your website and change the "OSHA Approved" line?
Scott

M
It was changed yesterday before you posted this.

Our wording on the website was not intended to be inaccurate or misleading, only brief. If you can think of 2 words to say it better, let us know.

By the way, our contacts who gave the PocketLadr high praises were: CO OSHA, Dan Holland, 800-669-5771, Ext 129, and Denver Regional OSHA office, Dave Herstedt, 303-844-1600

S
Mike,
Cool. I did not want to pick on you. It is just one of my pet peeves when people say that their product is "OSHA approved".

BTW I was asked if we could tell our customers that our ball vales are OSHA approved, our competitors are. I told 'em that they could say that our valves can help the customers comply with the lockout regulation.
Scott

M
Scott - I understand. I've even been asked if they are UL approved?! That would be like getting UL approval on a hammer... you think?
Mike

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard