ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 276 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#179730 07/29/08 01:51 PM
Are 100 amp 2 pole Main pushmatics available anywhere .
I understand that the prefix on the Part # has to contain the letter M

A
A few weeks ago I was looking for a 2 pole 100A pushmatic. I got a price of $175 to order and much more from a place that had it in stock. I was not looking for a main breaker. The story was they are not in production for the last few years and it's old stock only.

I got a used one from another EC. It had main stamped on the handle.

Thanks i will have to go and see if theres a main Stamped on this customers breaker handle.

Doug,

Pushmatic main C/B's are stamped with the letter "W" on them

(I suppose it's just "M" turned upside down laugh )
You can buy one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-AMP-PUSHMAT...dZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

E
I'm sure that the one with "main" stamped on the handle was just one that was removed from a factory-equipped main breaker panel. I hate to think of the hundreds of panels with those breakers that I installed back in their heyday. If I had only held onto one breaker from each panel, I'd have lots of money now. Those things were pretty standard in my area.

Now if you really want to impress me, come up with a 200 amp version. I probably installed 100 panels with factory 200 amp mains. There probably aren't any out there to speak of for sale, but that's probably because they are still working.

Can you tell that I am (was) a PushMatic fan? How many residential panels do you know of with a copper BOLTED bus?

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
N
Originally Posted by EV607797
I'm sure that the one with "main" stamped on the handle was just one that was removed from a factory-equipped main breaker panel. I hate to think of the hundreds of panels with those breakers that I installed back in their heyday. If I had only held onto one breaker from each panel, I'd have lots of money now. Those things were pretty standard in my area.

Now if you really want to impress me, come up with a 200 amp version. I probably installed 100 panels with factory 200 amp mains. There probably aren't any out there to speak of for sale, but that's probably because they are still working.

Can you tell that I am (was) a PushMatic fan? How many residential panels do you know of with a copper BOLTED bus?

Was the main a EQ frame or something else?

E
I'm too old to remember that stuff, but I do seem to recall EQ115 for a single pole 15. I think that EQ was ITE's standard product with 1" slots like today's Siemens, GE or Homeline, etc.

---Ed---

Give Westway Electrical supply a call at 610-449-8700, ask for Nick, he may have one.

Hank
E
I'm too old to remember that stuff, but I do seem to recall EQ115 for a single pole 15. I think that EQ was ITE's standard product with 1" slots like today's Siemens, GE or Homeline, etc.

---Ed---

T
twh Offline
Eecol carries Pushmatic.

Try a pre-owned electrical equipment supplier. I don't know of one in B.C., but if we have one in Regina, they must be everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard