ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#179431 07/13/08 08:58 AM
togol Offline OP
The HVAC startup guy came out Friday to work on the RTUs he came down and said he had lost one phase at one unit, so we took the cover off the power panel and checked the line and then the breaker .

one leg was dead but the breaker was NOT tripped .... real nice!!!https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/images/icons/default/mad.gif so my partner reset it and presto all three phases were hot again....

what junk
to make it even more interesting is the fact that the RTU was never run, maybe the breaker was crap out of the box, at any rate it makes me wonder if the stupid thing even works

Tom
B
Once in a while I will get a bad BR series out of the box, but I have never gotten or even seen a bad CH.

L
LK Offline
Originally Posted by BigB
Once in a while I will get a bad BR series out of the box, but I have never gotten or even seen a bad CH.

Never had a bad CH anything until they chenged the design of the bus bar on the CH Classic Loadcenters, since then nothing but trouble with CH, breakers loose, and falling out. The older CH series were the best product on the market, now they are junk, like all the rest, 3 generations of using CH panels and loadcenters, with little or no trouble, why they played with a sure thing is anyones guess, whoever came up with the brite idea is taking a great product down, to junk.

togol Offline OP
I always liked the old CH , but this Eaton junk is just junk

and this one was also a bolt on .. and all gear was customer specified and its their baby

Tom
Z
Products fail. Otherwise, half of our industry would dry up.

You will alleviate a good amount of stress and frustration in your life if never completely rely on anything being "failproof". Nothing is.

R
I agree with Togol, Eaton makes JUNK.. I mean things do fail I agree with that but when something is "bad out of the box" or fails shortly after installation, it doesnt say much about quality does it??
Personally I won't install ANYTHING Eaton / Cutler Hammer unless the customer spec's it.. I have had too many problems with it..
A.D

togol Offline OP
Originally Posted by Zapped
Products fail. Otherwise, half of our industry would dry up.

You will alleviate a good amount of stress and frustration in your life if never completely rely on anything being "failproof". Nothing is.

I'm far from stressed over this Zapped, but I pulled another breaker off the stab in a different panel while trying to land a #12
this brand has done wonders for the CH reputation ........ sarcasm off

Tom
S
Eaton recently bought up Powerware... who had previously been using Square-D. I was down at the Powerware factory for UPS training last year, and it was rather funny to watch them systematically ripping out perfectly good square-D components to replace them with properly branded CH switches and panels- after all, can't have a competitor's products in your training center, can you??

They wouldn't give me any of the old Square-D stuff frown

togol Offline OP
hope they enjoy the experience, too bad about the surplus stuff though

what a great country

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard