ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 139 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Originally Posted by wire_twister
He missed out on the Darwin award, they are only given posthumously.

You have to remove yourself from the gene pool, for a Darwin award. Usually, this does mean death, but you might only make yourself unable to reproduce, and win.

What a nut case....

S
Paul, where is that? "Newcastle" sounds like your part of the planet, but last I heard you weren't using "$" over there.

R
Latex dishwashing gloves??!?! 69,000 volts??!?!
Wow this guy is something special! What was he trying to do "shock" the gene pool?!?!

A.D

P
Originally Posted by SolarPowered
Paul, where is that? "Newcastle" sounds like your part of the planet, but last I heard you weren't using "$" over there.

It's not the Newcastle in England. As you say, we haven't switched our currency to dollars while you weren't looking! wink

My first guess upon seeing this sign was Newcastle in N.S.W., Australia, but a little searching revealed the fact that the tramway (streetcar) system there closed down in 1950 -- Over 15 years before Australia changed from £.s.d. to dollars.

My best remaining guess for English-speaking and using dollars would be somewhere in the Caribbean. There's a Newcastle in Jamaica which is of a reasonable size, although I don't know if it has, or has ever had, a tramway system.

G
This is the guy who was supposed to have taken the picture

http://www.flickr.com/people/jurvetson/

the picture

http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2004/10/newcastle_tramw.html

Greg Fretwell
A
In response to SolarPowered... I believe this is in WA State, just across the border from Victoria, BC. Orcas Island. You can find it on Google Earth.

It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
I doubt a town of 7,000 would have their own tramway authority. I did some Googling, and took a look at the comments on the Flickr page. Best I can tell, it was probably manufactured for sale in a giftshop or something, or just a plain old fake.

A
For what it's worth, if you check out the original link to islandguardian.com you'll see that it certainly appears legitimate.

Cheers,

Andy

It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
I was talking about the Newcastle Tramway sign... If you're referring to the original topic, this thread was hijacked at the bottom of the first page.

E
Why are there so many darn fools from this state... He probably drove a beat up VW Bus, that burned oil and belched polutants into the air, down the interstate at 45MPH, heck, he's probably changed lanes in front of me (at 45, while I'm doing 65) before, on a trip to Seattle...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard