ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#161382 04/02/07 02:33 PM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Literally got my copy of “Which” magazine (yes I am a member) through the door today.
Thought I would share this article with you

Green tests and red tape!

Typical of Government bodies. The boss says one thing but does not tell anyone else (I should know)
Any one else came across this type of situation?

Last edited by pauluk; 04/03/07 07:34 AM. Reason: Image moved to ECN server

der Großvater
P
Well, down here in Sassenach-land we already have this situation with the now-infamous Part P -- Councils insisting that work carried out by non-registered people has to be tested independently and the applicant must pay for that himself (in addition to paying the building regs. fee!), even though the ODPM issuing the rules has clearly told them they're not allowed to do that and to stop.

We contacted the local planning department, to be on the safe side

That was their mistake. For something as simple as this they should have just got on with it!

I
Originally Posted by pauluk
Well, down here in Sassenach-land we already have this situation with the now-infamous Part P -- Councils insisting that work carried out by non-registered people has to be tested independently and the applicant must pay for that himself (in addition to paying the building regs. fee!), even though the ODPM issuing the rules has clearly told them they're not allowed to do that and to stop.

We contacted the local planning department, to be on the safe side

That was their mistake. For something as simple as this they should have just got on with it!

Paul

A Sassenach is what a Highlander calls a Lowlander in Scotland. sick

Not a Englishman like lot of people think.

P
Hi Ian,

Originally Posted by iansettle

A Sassenach is what a Highlander calls a Lowlander in Scotland. sick

Not a Englishman like lot of people think.

Well you learn something new every day! Chalk up my ignorance to the fact that I've never set foot north of the border. blush

I
"Not a Englishman like lot of people think."
Sassenach is actually a derivation of "Sasunnach", which is Gaelic for Saxon. Still, us Highlanders tend to group the Lowlanders with the Englishmen. Back in the wars, pre-unified mainland, the Lowlanders often conspired with the English against the Highlanders. So, we held both groups in the same low regaurd.

"Fortitudine"
Ian of the Wild MacRaes of Kintail

I
I'm of Scottish decent and have a couple of Scots friends and they say the same.

Link Copied to Clipboard