ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, gfretwell), 269 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
jdevlin he specifically said in his first post that the service was strictly 120/208volt 3 phase. Also a 600volt service would still not explain the 255volts seen at the fixtures. He is missing some element here and consequently so are we, hopefully he will let us know what it is.....

R
RDK Offline OP
Found the problem. The last guy who got fired installed a transformer up in the attic. Ill try to post some pix latter this week. THis was the same guy who installed a pannel over top of someone's crapper. Ill also post pix of that. Thanks to all. Now all the lights work

K
RDK,
So then, the 28 lights were Metal Halide fixtures with a single, large VA, multi-circuit transformer?
Can’t say that I have ever seen a transformer like that before.

C
I see a broken neutral. Start at the service FROM the meter IN the panel and measure the volts from each side to ground or the EGC - not the neutral. If it's anything but 120 volts - high, or low for that matter, the neutral is broken somewhere before the panel, - maybe the meter perhaps? Then measure the voltage in the panel from neutral to the ground or EGC connection. Voltage from neutral to ground of anything over about 2 volts indicates a busted neutral somewhere. Hope that helps you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard