ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#172733 12/24/07 11:11 PM
T
Tiger Offline OP
I don't want to get into any personal details, but I just found out Les is having some health problems.

I want to personally express my great appreciation for his friendship and for all the help he's been for me in turning my business around. He has always been patient in his postings and been one of few that would give detailed information at a time I needed it.

A little over a year ago I had an insurance job and needed to perform insulation testing with a Megger. I hadn't used a Megger before and didn't know the details of the testing. Through emails and phone calls Les helped me through the job task and pricing.

He helped me with many of the details of flat rate pricing, tracking jobs, setting up software, and making sure all my expenses are covered.

Anyway, I thought he might appreciate hearing how much we appreciate him and hope he gets well soon.

Dave

J
I would also like to second the appreciation for the help that Les has provided me in the past.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Les.

Jim

J
I would like to 3rd the appreciation that Les has provided on the forum and off the forum......Best Wishes John Valdes

Les has been an awesome friend and a wise friend to me at many times... May God bless you with a swift recovery... Merry Christmas

Randy

E
my prayers are with you Les, wish you a speedy recovery

-Will

Les:
Hope all is well, and a speedy recovery.

Just happened to see this thread.

John
(Les, please feel free to delete this post if you find it in-appropriate.)

Les, had a stroke not long ago, and with my experience of strokes (my father had one about 3 years back), it takes a while to get back to "normality".
It's strange how the brain is wired to do certain tasks, simple things that we all take for granted, like speech, spelling, taste, sight and touch, all go out the window, my father is only just starting to taste things properly again.
A stroke knocks everything out of kilter, the brain all of a sudden forgets how it is supposed to do things.
I do remember seeing my father in hospital and he didn't know who I was, he thought I had come to clean the floor.
One thing I must say about a stroke though, it is self-inflicted, if you worry about things, slow the hell down, your brain is wired one way to do things well.
Be Careful!!.
Les is a darned good guy and an expert at what he does, I have all the time in the world for him, mainly because most of the advice he is giving you folks, is because he found out the hard way.
There was no internet when he started out, let alone ECN.

Mike:
Well said my friend!!

John
P
Get well soon, Les.

R
Les: Get well soon my friend! We are all thinking about ya wink

A.D

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard