ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Thank you all for your help and comments...

thanks for the input....Triple D Electricians
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
L
Go to church. I meen a church, Or both. Take a good look around,see the architecture. Then you will understand some comments and the pending (potential)doom.

Bottom line: Spell out every minor detail you can think of.From lifts,staging, who covers them. to church members doing work that will affect your progress.It can be done. But you must be razor sharp.

G
A church rec. hall is a place of public assembly. Read NEC 518.

R
Originally Posted by wire_twister
I have done several large jobs for several different churches, with minimal problems. That being said you can count on everything everybody said to be true, and then some. Just bid the job per the drawing, include a detailed scope of work, what you will and wont do, and stick to it. Price the job like you would any other including your profit margin, and remember if you do not get it you probably do not want it. As far as estimating, the going rate in my part of the world is $35.00 per drop, this is each receptacle, switch, and fixture, add to this the cost of the service,($2.00 per amp here) then add your usual percentage for headroom in case things get ugly. Put it all on paper and hope for the best.

No pun intended, but how in the Lord's name can a service be estimated a $XX.00 per amp?

Last edited by Redsy; 12/06/07 06:50 PM.
W
this is just what it says, an ESTIMATE each service is different and should be priced accordingly, $2.00 per amp is a starting point that happens to work out about 90% of the time IN MY AREA

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
L
==A church rec. hall is a place of public assembly. Read NEC 518.====

Read it carefully.

===No pun intended, but how in the Lord's name can a service be estimated a $XX.00 per amp? ====
\
I agree, for most applications,allbeit residential it is more accurate.

G
I guess it just shows that given enough data points, anything will start to follow a pattern.

One 1 particularly huge job that I did, we noticed that 12.47KV switchgear was the same price per inch of length, pretty much regardless of what breakers were installed.

Really weird, pretty useless, but interesting and worth discussing over a few brewskis.

Ghost307
I do alot of remolding in residential settings. That said I have my fair share of commercial accounts. If I were you I would painstakingly work up every run I could think of that would be required. As you know your costs for residential runs. You will need to find your costs for your commercial.
Keep in mind things like being on site when the masons installing block to get the conduit in or the pvc conduits that will go into the floor before the pours etc. Is this design build? I would also make it known that you are a for profit business and that freebees will not be part of the deal. Lastly you must know your conduit abilities it is not something to jump in and learn on a job like this.
Good luck~!
Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
T
can you put a lien on a church?

So a 200a service is $400. My cost on 200a main breakers homline panel is $140. alone. I'm thinking this would not work out so well here in PA.

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard