ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 472 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
A bit off topic, but read today that AT&T is dropping the free time call in California on Sept. 19 claiming fewer people are using it and they are unable to repair the equipment,the 767-8900 or as it also was known as "POPCORN" will be missed by me. Everytime we go through a seasonal time change, I would set my clocks by it.

Australian version of the clock socket:
[Linked Image from updates.clipsal.com]

There is a 4 pin version available for master/slave clock setups also.

[Linked Image from updates.clipsal.com]

(both pictures from Clipsal website www.clipsal.com.au)

R
The 3 pin version is used for Simplex clock systems with auto minute correction at the 59th minute.

The 4 pin version is used on master clock systems with separate seconds and minutes drives like T&N and FAVAG.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
T
The old master / slave clocks at least had all the clocks showing the correct time.

Or all wrong... the public pool I went to yesterday had all the wall clocks stuck at 9:45... large institutions still have master/slave clocks here and my experiences are not all that good. My school clock (1999 system) was always 3 minutes off...

S
they are unable to repair the equipment,

Maybe more like 'unwilling'. Since it's not a revenue producer, there's no incentive to maintain the system. frown

E
My college installed Simplex cloxks in '05, so that all the classes would start at the same time... for the last week all the clocks have been stuck at 2:00... shows the quality of the maintnence men at this place.

-Will

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard