ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 143 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
schedule?I did a project about 2 years ago consisting of 4 double ended 13KV unit subs 2000' of 5" grs conduit with 3 500 mcm 15KV cables each all in one room.Gc started day one about being behind I asked him to show me his schedule.The time line he showed me gave me 3 weeks to complete this work.I mumbled something about a dreamworld and walked away

I
ITO Offline
Be careful of asking for a job schedule and getting the "three week" look ahead screw you over schedule.

Basically instead of scheduling all the work incorrectly they just do it three weeks out at a time so they can keep getting it wrong and doing it over and over ever week.

101° Rx = + /_\
C
Originally Posted by masterinbama
2000' of 5" grs conduit with 3 500 mcm 15KV cables each all in one room.

My back hurts just reading that. eek

Peter
W
Hope your tugger lasted through the job. Hate to have to pull that by hand.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
C
hey, been away for a few days(offline). The job is comming along great. we are putting the final touches on the interior lights now, and are about to start plugging, and switching...ha ha ha...swiching...there are literally only two 20A SPST switches in the whole place...everything is either constantly fed, or is switched by a contactor or time clock/photo cell. I have yet to lay my eyes on an ansel system, which should be here any day now. The site guys are busy trenching for my lot lights(20 footers) all I have to do is run the conduit, and pull the wires, and prefab up the heads on the poles, the GC is taking care of setting the lights....luckilly our shop has a crane for this stuff if it was up to me to set the poles(gotta get that CDL ASAP!!!)
As far as surprises go, I have only had one...a light in the wall of the cabinet where you line up to order was not on the prints....and I have no lighting circuit under there....I probably should have added a spare pipe for this but hey, I guess "next time" will have to be sufficient. I told the GC about this situation, and he didn't see anything wrong with having the light on all the time....problem solved!! Thanks again for all the input, I really appreciate it!!

nick.

Last edited by Clydesdale; 10/02/07 09:59 PM. Reason: speling...lol
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard