Some of the cities in this area seem to think it's OK to wire Temporary Holiday Lighting in trees and have it up forever(of course only for them, they'd make any private home or business tear them down after 90 days.). Public thoroughfares, medians, sidewalks, and in this case a City owned museum.
The cut off extension cord in EMT is of course the wrong way. The neighboring city just uses extension cords ty-rapped to their trees, and they've been up for 6 years+.
So, is there a RIGHT
way to get the effect that they're after, and still meet code?