ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 519 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ITO #168196 08/28/07 08:50 PM
S
I got some CLC (Custom Leathercraft) gloves at Home Depot that are quite comfortable, give good dexterity, and protect my hands well. They are rather a marvel of engineering, with sections of elastic, leather, and other sorts of materials to help them fit your hand like a glove. wink

ITO #168216 08/29/07 02:07 PM
Z
I have the habbit of always wearing gloves for just about everything. Keeps my hands baby soft, and a big plus is that my girlfriend appreciates it too.

C
Yeah, my hands get pretty worked, too. I carry a file around with me for lots of stuff. I am amazed at just how much a little fileing will do to pretty much all sharp edges(or dull ones for that matter). Gloves too, I live with them on.

H
Not for nothing, but I complained to UL about this. I asked them how they could list the product with such sharp edges. Of course I got the usual run around, like, "Well, we didn't know that it was so sharp. We will try to do better next time." Or something like that.
On another note to UL, I complained to them about pool heaters. They all use to come through with AL lugs mounted on them. I called UL and asked them how they could list that? I asked them where they saw AL as being suitable for bonding purposes any where in the NEC. Guess what, I am seeing CU lugs on the units. I don't know if UL had anything to do with it, or if the EC's are changing them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard