ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 151 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
To webmaster I was not paying attention where I was posting I was replying to reply to Big B post about what it takes to be a electrician.Is there anyway you can move my post THANKS HYPRESS

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Hypress,

I may be missing something, but I don't see any way to move a single post from one thread to another. It would be easier if you copied your post and made a new reply to the proper thread. I could then delete the one made here by mistake.

Bill

C
I posted this on the other forum as well an I'm hoping I might get a bit of advice. Thanks.

I still get kicked out of both firefox and IE whenever I try to log onto the chat room. Both of the browsers just simply quit like they are closed. Does anyone have any ideas about my settings before I have to call the geek at about $100.00 per call?

Dave,
What version of Java are you using?.
Seems like you may need an update.
Failing that, I would contact Bill and reset your password.

Guys,
If you've ever got a problem getting into the Chat rooms here, before e-mailling Bill, please check the following:
  • If you have recently changed your password as an ECN Member, please make sure that you also changed your Chat login password to be the same as your ECN password, this saves confusion.
  • Those of you that use Firefox and have in the past used the "Password Remember" feature, need to be aware that the password can be forgotten, click on Tools in Firefox, Options>Passwords, if that is not what you entered, set it so that it is, ie: make it so that the stored password in Firefox and your ECN Forum/ Chat room passwords are all the same.
  • Please keep your Java up to date, our Chat room uses Java as the running application, if your Java is old, you can have all sorts of problems accessing our Chat rooms or even staying connected to the chat rooms.
  • BTW, you need to have Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer for the Chat room to work in the first place, if you haven't got it, get it. grin
    Please find the latest updates at Java.com.

Any thoughts you guys may have or whatever, would be most welcome, please feel free to add them below.
Cheers,
Mike. smile

C
Mike,

Thanks for the link to the new java installation site. I installed it and now everything is working just fine.

Thanks again.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard