I Was very saddened today. My mother called asking what my former bosses name was. Before I became an electrician I worked for a vinyl siding/roofing company.
So any how. My mother said that my former boss's 17 year old son was killed yesterday. They were dismanteling staging at a condo complex, when they lost control of the riser, and it dropped onto power lines nearby. My point is that it's not just us in the electrical trade who need to emphasize safety around live electricity. It needs to become instilled in all contractors. Complacency can be just as deadly as ignorance of danger.