ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Might I also ask if anyone else was in radio or TV in a past or present life?
WVUR FM 10 W stereo omni educational.
KDKA AM Pittsburgh 50 KW
WCLQ--> WQHS TV 61 Cleveland
WPTT TV 22 Pittsburgh

I don't think you folks want me as a Ham. Any station I touch gets taken over by Home Shopping!
Joe

W
I have been in the commercial communications for 30 yrs. Any one (US) wanting to become a ham, go to QRZ.COM, on the left side of the web page there is a practice test. Robert

Trumpy Offline OP
Where are you George Corron?
I'll let you post your call.

G
OK, and I will:

AF4JH

FYI: Tests in Alexandria, VA the 2nd Saturday of the month for any wanting to become Hams that can make the test session.

N6QWI, back home in 1 Land. 1st License in about 1956

P
I was interested in radio and all things electronic from a very early age. I used to listen to the local top band net most Saturday mornings when I was a kid, and intended to get the ham license one day. For some reason I never did get around to it, although I was a member of the RSGB since I was about 11 (RS39369).

I think most of you reading this already know that I worked for BT at Goonhilly. That involved all sorts of radio/satellite/microwave work, including trips out to the nearby ship-to-shore stations for maintenance sometimes.

I did take on two-way radio repair at one point as well, mostly marine VHF and CB (dropped out of the latter because although I had some good customers I just about got fed up with the not-so-good ones). I did maintain the license for that until a few years ago: 2F3LY.

N
Right out of school, I worked a couple years for a company that did repairs/maintenance for radio/TV stations too small or cheap to have their own engineering dept. smile

Mostly bench work on tape decks, CD players, and VTRs, but we also got the occasional call to get a failed transmitter back on-air. Usually an ancient vacuum-tube rig, filled with dust and dead mice. smile

W
Originally Posted by WESTUPLACE
Any one (US) wanting to become a ham, go to QRZ.COM, on the left side of the web page there is a practice test. Robert

You no longer need to pass a Morse Code test for any and all classes of ham license (tech, general and extra class). Just the written multiple choice tests.

I don't think you folks want me as a Ham. Any station I touch gets taken over by Home Shopping!

Not to worry, that can't happen with ham radio! FCC forbids it... :-)

C
I am a licensed amateur operator, but have not been active for a few years.

I have never been directly involved in broadcast, but do know , more than the average person, how it works. And I was an avid FM and TV DXer back in the day.

T
KC6SXC licensed since 1991.
active on VHF/UHF

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard