ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Y
How long does an individual honeybee live, and what is their breeding interval? Seems to me, if cell phones were the cause, we should have been seeing this a decade ago.

Y
Originally Posted by Kenbo
A bit more detail on Tesla

No one will deny that Tesla was a genius. I stand in awe of everything that he gave us. IMO, the reason he is not better known is that Americans don't admire a genius per se; we admire a genius who can make a buck off his smarts and retire a billionaire (or, back then, a millionaire). Tesla was foolish with money, in a way that Edison was not.

Even so, it has been over a century since J.P. Morgan killed Tesla's Wardenclyffe project. It was not just Tesla's fantastic claim of inventing wireless power transmission, nor his flippant dismissal of Morgan's question of where to put the meter. Morgan had been concerned for some time about Tesla's money pit on Long Island, and his inability to explain its purpose. In 1904, no one knew what to make of a "World Broadcasting Center"; even those who understood the new development of radio technology conceived of it as wireless telegraphy: a means of point-to-point transmission. The world would take another two decades to catch on to the real implications.

There have been countless other geniuses since Tesla. If Tesla really was on to wireless transmission of power in 1904, why hasn't anyone else picked it up until "now"?

BTW, 40% transmission efficiency is dismal!

Last edited by yaktx; 06/11/07 10:51 PM.
G
BTW, 40% transmission efficiency is dismal!

Has anyone come up with what the utility is doing in this. What percentage of electricity that gets generated actually makes it to the meter?

Greg Fretwell
Hmm, candles and Slivovitz ??
smile

Tom
G
Yup, first I got the cateye lamp of my bike, then I looked for a candle. Who's Slivovitz? :P

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
not who
.....plum brandy, from your southern neighbors

I still have a partial flask that was a gift from a Czech I worked with last year....

Tom
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard