ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164189 05/27/07 09:37 AM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Came upon this website while browsing and just spent the last 2 hours looking through it! (Good job it's a Sunday wink ).

It's in Dutch, but even so, easy to follow much of it. Scroll down the central frame for the list of brands, both by turntable manufacturer and by make of complete sets. There are some brand names here which are totally unfamiliar to me, but many other British names which were exported.

There are one or two American models in there as well, like the RCA Victrola from the early 1950s and a Sears portable, although the latter carried a British BSR Monarch UA14 changer deck, which is a very familiar sight.

Good also to see a fairly extensive photo collection of Garrard turntables, one of my personal favorites of the 1950s/60s era. smile

http://www.grammofoon.com

C
I had a player that worked on the same principal as the Empire TP47 (free wheeling hub, record driven by rotating rubber wheel).

P
pauluk Offline OP
They sure came up with some ingenious arrangements over the years.

Check out the Thorens TD224 page. The Thorens name was well-known in Britain for years as a maker of high-quality transcription decks, but I never realized that they'd made a complex changer mechanism like that one!

Link Copied to Clipboard