ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Ray Offline OP
I lost my Ideal leather handled electricians hammer a few months back. I checked with the local supply house and Ideal no longer makes them. I also checked the web and could not find any one who still makes them?

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find one? Maybe new old stock somewhere?

Thanks Ray

Not sure what you mean by an 'electricians' hammer' Ray.
'Estwing' still make leather-handled claw hammers for slaters and carpenters. I have a beautiful 16oz Estwing [rubber-handled version] straight-claw, the best hammer I've ever owned. Not cheap, so keep your eyes on 'em as they grow legs!
Google for a US dealer.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Ray, after a little searching [ Amazon UK ] I found 'Estwing' do indeed still make an electricians hammer with a leather haft- "limited availability" whatever that means.
Seems to be a longer haft and straighter claw- you learn something every day!

Alan

Last edited by Alan Belson; 05/10/07 04:13 PM. Reason: embellishment

Wood work but can't!
H
Most electricians hammers have a longer nose (to get into places like box brackets and where you need to staple), longer handle and are available only in one lighter weight. Some do have straight claws.

-Hal

T
Its been a while since I was there looking at hammers, but I can recall seeing them quite a few times in Big Orange.. They also carried the leather handled hatchet

A
Estwing discontinued the "electricians" hammer EE16SRS. Only way you will replace it is if you steal one from somebody or get lucky and find one on ebay.

That sucks, I know what it is like to have a nice tool and it ends up missing

R
Ray Offline OP
Thanks to all that checked this out for me. I will be on the look out for a used one.

Ray

S
Every time I see the title of this thread, I find myself wondering what kind of hammer is used by a leather-handled electrician...

Link Copied to Clipboard