ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Alice Springs is full of these units. Due to the high calcium content in the water, annual pad replacement is the normal procedure along with filling the unit with vinegar to dissolve the calcium, then running the pump for a couple of hours to clean out the lines.

when the vinegar is drained out, the new pads are refitted, the unit filled with water & a small amount of disinfectant to sanitise the unit & mask the vinegar smell, the it runs nearly non-stop for four months through summer.

Pumps are about AU$60-80, motors are 230-250VAC 1HP costing about AU$250-400 depending if they are single, two or three speed, a bearing change is about 2 hours work & parts are AU$45-60

N
I think its a swamp cooler plug for a multi-speed motor. The flat one is hot and the others are high, medium and low speed or something like that.

G
Well the condition suggests it overheated, presumably due to a significant load on poor contacts. Three pins says it is a class 1 appliance. I'll guess at a portable hotplate.

G
Hey, apologies ! I've now realised I was only looking at page one of a three page thread. Haven't quite got used to the new forum layout. Just pretend I never spoke.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard