ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Aprils Fools, a little late smile

Jon AKA Walrus

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
It snowed all day after that pic was taken. Power lines down all over the place although I never lost my power. We probably had 16 - 18 inches when it was all said and done. The ground was bare before this stormeek

The pix show one reason why I'm not commuting to Bangor these days, though I did kind of hope this sort of thing was past for 2007. mad

Here in Belfast, Maine, we had about 12 inches or so, without the garnish of freezing rain we sometimes get along the coast. whistle

E
lessee, it hit about 70 in Seattle today, I'm sure glad I'm not in Maine

-Will "enjoying the sun" D.

76F at PDX today...

Been a wierd winter, my parents (who live east of the cascades) have gotten about 1/4 of the snow they usually do (usually about 4'), while in Portland we got 3"--which hasn't happened in a good 10 years. Of course, back in the 50s and 60s, Portland would get a good foot of snow. Climate change is a funny animal...

I'd like to see a New England winter for myself one of these days. While in NH last summer I was rather puzzled, as the ski area I was working at had all of their signs at normal level (eye height). All of the signs at ski areas around here are a good 10' off the dry ground. Has this been an abnormally heavy snow year for you guys, or was I just in an odd area?

W
The past few years we've started really cold weather later and spring has in turn come later. Hasn't been a particularly snowy winter but this was a big storm. Another is predicted for later in the week and so far they are saying snoweek.
Depends on where you were in NH, most ski areas depend on man made snow. Unless you are really far north you won't see huge natural snow totals. Northern Maine is still prime for snowmobilers.

I was at Attitash Bear Peak, a short drive from Mt. Washington on US 302... Which, based on my basic understanding of the state's geography, is somewhere in central NH. I did notice all the water lines for the snowmaking equipmet, but all the local's tales about rough winters and lots of snow made me somewhat suspicious.

NE is a very nice region, although I wasn't expecting quite so much humidity in the summer--although it got drier and cooler later on in the season. I would even be willing to go back this summer to work with the same company, but graduation takes precedence.

What's worrying, since most all our vegetables are now planted, is that we generally get New England's weather 2 or 3 weeks later. Usually it goes north of here to England or Scotland but just occasionally.....

Wood work but can't!
Great shots! We got about the same down here in Sebago. My power was ok, but a limb took out a service drop next door....

Grov

I'm not shilling for VANITY FAIR magazine (see other comment about electric rides), but their current issue contains a lot of global warming stuff. One particular climate "expert" is concerned that disruptions in the gulf stream could reduce or negate the warming effect it brings to New England and the British Isles. The scare warning is the threat of a mini-Ice-Age for us northern types. I don't believe he said what might happen in Canada. shocked

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard