ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by SteveFehr
I don't see one that makes the board look like outlook or powerpoint frown
Hmmm,

Sorry Steve, I don't see that feature either.

wink
Bill

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
BTW, I think we got the old Forum Threads to forward to the newer versions, so they'll be no broken Links or non-working/inactive pages.

That was a big concern of mine.

grin
Bill

S
ghost307 I agree. In an attempt to add features and information the screen has become too busy and you have to click to too many pages to see the recent posts. More topics on one page was better.

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Steve,

I don't know if you realize it, but Ghost was talking about the interim version before this software.

Have you tried the 'Active Topics' Link?

https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/activetopics/range/1

S
Hey, that's pretty nice! Thanks laugh

P
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I'm open to suggestions on what is a reasonable length of time, but I think it will stay close to what it is now.

I think a slightly longer time limit might be worth considering -- Maybe 10 or 15 minutes? That would still prevent edits long after the event but allow typos etc. to be corrected without having to bother mods.

If somebody is trying to post a link and having problems getting it right, going back to check spelling, and so on, it's surprising how quickly 5 minutes can pass.

P.S. I think Mods have no such time limit Bob.

It appears not. I've just managed to edit two posts above 4 days later.

P
This new Dark Style suits me and looks pretty flash.
Anyone else tried it?

Yep, got it set on that right now.

Growing up with "old time" video terminals, DOS and CP/M, I tend to prefer light characters on a dark background. smile

G
I don't know if others are experiencing the same thing, but some posts are half-invisible when I am viewing them on my iMac.

For example, in this post by wa2ise I can only see the first line of the post - if I click and drag, highlighting the text of the post it shows the whole post, but only in the first available line in the frame.

It could be my browsers - my iMac is getting pretty old, I'm running OS 9.2 with Netscape 6 (also happens with IE 5.1). It seems as though it happened on my new PC as well, but I can't be sure of that now.

I'm also in favor of a 15-20 minute edit window. smile

I know, I'm the whiniest lurker on the site! laugh laugh

Last edited by Just George; 04/01/07 11:43 AM. Reason: adding stuff.

-George
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
George,

I haven't seen the problem that you're describing yet, but I know some parts of this software were meant to take advantage of new IE 7 features so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some issues with older Browsers.

Regarding the edit time limit, this software allows for an edit to be made without it showing as such, that's probably why there is a time limit associated with it. Based on recommendations made I think 12 min. would be a decent compromise. I expect Members will use their best judgement regarding this.

Bill

B
Just noticed that when doing a "Search" the maximum date range is 1 year.
Any chance this will be extended? There is a ton of good info on this site which is older than one year!!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard