ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#160759 03/25/07 01:10 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread about new features at ECN to help bring others up to speed with some obvious (and not so obvious) features. Please add your observations and tips here so that we'll all get up to speed faster.

Bill

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Here's 2 New features that are not so obvious:

We now have a PM (Private Message) feature, which is a way to communicate with members without sending emails. Members can include up to 5 recipients and keep track of each (as to who has read what).

Regarding the 'Online' indicators, the little guy included in that is a 'mood' indicator. (Try hovering over it to see what it says) He is also found in the top right-hand corner above the FAQ link and can be changed by clicking on him.

Bill

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
There is a Personal Calendar and a Public Calendar. Personal calendar is there for your use only and can't be seen by anyone else.

The Public Calendar will show Member's Birthdays (if included in Member's profile) - but not ages, and other items can only be added by Mods or Admin.

Bill

E
e57 Offline
Hey Bill I like the up-grade so far. Alot of typical feature found on some of the other forums I post at, and a few that aren't. Still trying to get used to the new look and feel.

But- Just one little thing.... Do you think there might be some, ah... Don't take this the wrong way, but some more masculine looking smilies available? blush

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
e57 #160818 03/26/07 10:30 AM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
But- Just one little thing.... Do you think there might be some, ah... Don't take this the wrong way, but some more masculine looking smilies available?
Hey! I hand-picked each one of those! LOL

We can change or add new smilies eventually. We've got to iron out some Bugs first and make sure links to old threads get directed to the new versions.

smile
Bill

Oh my Lord, where am I?!?? I get sick and stay away from the net for one weekend and ECN begins to resemble my wifes' scrapbooking forum laugh laugh Have we reached our final upgrade now? I think I could get used to this wink

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by Lostazhell
I get sick and stay away from the net for one weekend and ECN begins to resemble my wifes' scrapbooking forum laugh laugh Have we reached our final upgrade now? I think I could get used to this wink

LOL!

There are still some modifications to be done and tweaks here and there, but yup, this is the New ECN...

smile
Bill

Bill,
One thing I can't get over with this new Forum, is how quickly the pages load.
It's great!.
cool

One other thing,
If you have no need for it, you can remove the Left Hand Side menu.
You can do it in your Preferences. whistle

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
There's quite a few options that can be changed in your Preferences menu including a selection of color schemes (styles) for the Forum. You can select one and press the 'Preview' Button to see how it would look.

To those that may not know; your preferences and your Profile settings can be accessed by clicking on the 'My Stuff' Link in the top bar above the Forum.

cool
Bill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard