ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#158548 08/03/06 08:22 PM
I am in total Agreement with the above statements from belectrician and mahlere

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 08-04-2006).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158549 08/03/06 11:15 PM
K
I agree as well, good for you.

The more educated contractors we have, the better we all will be.

I wish we were more like the plumbers, no secrets, sharing info at will to help us all.

As I said before, the ESI's of the world are helping us all!

To your profit!

#158550 08/05/06 05:11 PM
Brooke,
Your system may very well be an excellent one, but you've come on this forum as "Belectrician" and posted your profile as an electrican.
(from a previous post)
"I am not a salesperson but will do my best to explain our organization"

http://www.youresi.com/expo_02.aspx
Scroll on down to Brooke Deters.

I joined ESI with the hopes of turning my business into something I would be proud to leave my children and something I could turn a profit on. I have done just that and more
Yes, your business is ESI, not anything to do with electrical work. You used to run a restaurant, remember?

You credibility is not very good with me.
Honesty from the beginning would have gone a long way.

#158551 08/05/06 09:17 PM
D
Guys, let them spout what they want.

No-one takes them seriously.

#158552 08/05/06 09:41 PM
M
no offense to anyone. I don't know who belectrician/brook is.

but, if you want to be a residential/lt commercial service electrician, you might want to take them seriously.

ESI, Nexstar, et al are taking over the res/lt commercial market from coast to coast. take a look in your local yellow pages. you'll start to see the ads show up.

whatever the deal is with belectrician/brook, i don't know. But I do know this, a local Nexstar company and a local ESI company each have more than one technician doing over $50,000 month in sales (not every month, but more than once). They are doing $350-400k year per truck. If you want to do resi/lt commercial, learn from them. They are doing something correct.

so you can bash belectric, or you can get over it and learn what their companies are doing. play ostrich and put your head in the sand, or open your eyes and learn something.

LK, you are familiar with the Nexstar company right in your back yard. How many trucks have they added in the last 3-4 yrs?

#158553 08/05/06 10:20 PM
This was discussed by me with another moderator the other night. I mentioned that it looked like belectrician was an EC too me.
I knew this wasn't right.
I think that all electure was trying to say that belectrician isn't an EC and was making it looked like she was.

#158554 08/05/06 10:26 PM
L
LK Offline
"LK, you are familiar with the Nexstar company right in your back yard. How many trucks have they added in the last 3-4 yrs?"

Yes they have built in an area where everyone said you can't charge that much and stay in business, they are adding trucks and men, and their rates are twice or more then everyone else, but you have to remember, we also have independent EC's doing the same thing, and building just as fast.

#158555 08/05/06 10:53 PM
K
I think the ESI deal is full of great ideas. I think they are helping many independent residential service contractors get on the road to incredible profitability.

Good for them.

I also think ESI/Clockwork is more interested in their own bottom line than anything else. And you know what, we live in a capitalistic society.... good for them.

BUT, at some point "the smoke and mirrors" start to crack. This guy is a salesman, probably never turned a wire nut in his life and is trolling for fresh meat. The Electrician Board is dead because all new members over there are profiled.

Man up, and see what they can DO FOR YOU, not what you can do for them. Hold all the ESI salesmans' feet to the fire. Hopefully it will pay off for you.

ESI salesman guy - care to respond? Is it you Troy? The same Troy who couldn't remember my name from phone call to phone call? Hey I am bad with names too, bit if i am trolling for $20,000.00 sales, I sure ad heck would remember the prospects name.

[This message has been edited by kiwisholland (edited 08-05-2006).]

#158556 08/05/06 10:59 PM
M
LK,

how many independent contractors, growing just as fast, aren't using similar methods or systems? How many are still using T&M with low rates?

My point isn't to join the organization, it's to learn from it. Learn from it's successes and it's mistakes.

But don't put your head in the sand and ignore them. They will just pass you by and take your best customers from you.

Does that make sense?

#158557 08/05/06 11:52 PM
M
sorry les, wasn't accusing you. i was simply confirming with you. my fault for not being clear. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard