ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158422 04/30/06 12:01 AM
T
Tiger Offline OP
There has been a lot of posts on pricing...T&M, Contracting & Piecework. Every type of invoicing has negative incentives that are balanced by character.

Dave

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158423 04/30/06 09:51 AM
I
I agree, any pricing plan depends on character to be applied fairly. [Linked Image]

Now I am about to say something that is purely personal opinion formed from what happens in this area of the country that I work.

I readily admit other areas may be (likely are) different.

It has been my experience that the workers that are paid by the piece in this area are generally not of the same character of the trades that pay by the hour.

The workers that these 'by the piece' trades use generally have drug or alcohol problems, are ex or future cons. and are transient workers.

They only care about getting done and getting their money, they do care about quality as when that job is done they move on to another employer.

Of course there are always exceptions, however the above is IMO true of the majority.

Sorry if I offended anyone, if your area has a different situation then good for you, I wish it was that way here as well.

Here in my area when I see these workers arrive on the job I take more care to lock down our tools.

Again understand I realize that other areas may well have different conditions.

JMO, Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts

Link Copied to Clipboard