ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 396 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#157768 01/16/06 09:48 PM
K
My sentiments exactly.

I didn't want to stir it up, so to speak, so I left my post semi-open ended.

The systems offered by ESI and Nexstar are world class, and In my opinion priceless. Why not pay for others mistakes, instead of paying repeatedly for your own.

But... the whole thing is like a huge chess match. We are now at the beginning moves of a Bobby Fisher chess match. They have thought this out many moves ahead, and are positioning themsleves for the soft sell of franchising, and then the check mate move of join us or die...

Of course this is only relevant if your business is solely or strongly into service. The ESI's of the world have no interest in New construction or remodeling unless it is done at service rates.

I have lots of info and opinions on this subject. For those of you who are mostly service oriented, I would love to hear from you via email, as I have some interesting ideas about this subject, and I would love to learn what you have to say as well. I am a small electrical contractor specializing in resi service and repair, and I would appreciate sharing ideas with others who are pursuing similar goals.

Thanks!

email: kiwisholland@hotmail.com

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#157769 01/16/06 10:17 PM
D
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

They remind me of them two "Midgets" "little people if you will, who were on infomercials back about 10-15yrs ago telling people how they could make millions in real estate. For a nomimal fee, they would tell you their secret....

Secret was, they took your money, that is how they made their money....

Dnk...

#157770 01/16/06 10:34 PM
K
Ahhh,

The Rice Brothers. Twin dwarfs selling real estate. They are still on late night TV on occasion...

One of them just died recently, they are friends of my Uncle in Florida.

But really its like any of those late night infomercials selling systems. I just think the Nexstar system has a lot to offer, as does ESI. I am just not sure I want to pay that much for the info.....

[This message has been edited by kiwisholland (edited 01-16-2006).]

#157771 01/16/06 11:39 PM
K
Check out their magazine, which I actually enjoy. Its more of an "infozine", kind of like one long ad for VenVest. But there are great ideas to be gleened for the clever...
http://www.thesuccessfulcontractor.com/

Notice some of the headlines:

"How to Value and Sell Your Contracting Business"

"One Contractor's Exit:
Why Tim McGuire Went"

"The Ultimate Exit Strategy: How To Create Wealth Out Of Your Contracting Business"

*Things that may you go Hmmm...*

[This message has been edited by kiwisholland (edited 01-16-2006).]

#157772 01/17/06 11:52 AM
B
Hello Everyone,

Looks like I missed quite an informative night. Like I said before, I would be happy to answer any specific questions so it is not just shear speculation about our organization. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately in your eyes) I am not a salesperson but will do my best to explain our organization. After all, wouldn't it be best to get the info. first hand?

OK- Here is the deal. ESI is a FOR PROFIT organization. We do funnel profits back into research and development because it is in the best interest of our members to have a constant competitive advantage in the marketplace, thus it is in our best interest to see that they get it. If we did not provide this, we would not be in business. Why would you want business advice from a company that is not a PROFIT making company?

If we were not successful at increasing the revenue and profitability of companies who choose to utilize our systems, we would not continue to be in business.

Regarding putting people out of business and franchising: I have heard all of these baseless rumors for some time and here is the truth. We realize HD, Lowes, the utility companies, etc. have taken your clients and our clients. This is one reason why we are in existence. We can beat them at this game because we know service and they do not. Many of these companies have offered our company substantial money to advise them. We would not do so as this does not serve our clients' best interest.

We service all types of contractors:
1.Those who wish to remain independent and build the strongest service business possible.
2. Those who wish to nationally brand themselves and hope to achieve greater market share this way.
3. Those who wish to exit their business and achieve wealth after becoming highly successful.

We do not see that there is really any other option besides closing your doors in this business.

ESI and the other affinity groups (AirTime500, PSI, and RSI) are built to serve the 1st group, franchising divisions are built to serve the 2nd and the financing/brokerage side of the business is built to serve the 3rd group.

If you use our systems (marketing, call taking, scheduling, dispatching, accounting/financial, management, group buying, training, PRICING, etc) and you truly do have the desire to improve your life and the life of your company, you can do it regardless of the size of your company. We have companies that join us at start-up stage and companies that do many, many millions in service revenue.

I would be happy to forward anyone who is interested the info. on some of our members so that they can call for themselves and get the inside scoop or answer any specific questions that any of you have.

You can also email me directly at bdeters@yoursgi.com

Looking forward to your responses!

Brooke

#157773 01/17/06 03:09 PM
D
By chance, could you offer us any customers who tried your service and were dissatisfied, as so we could see and analyze both the upside and the downside?

Dnk....

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 01-17-2006).]

#157774 01/17/06 06:22 PM
B
Dissatisfied is a relative term. Dissatisfied means we did not deliver what promised and that is never the case. Of the 200 members we have in ESI, there have been very few who have had to leave us because they were not happy with our products and services. They did not want to change their business and did not implement all the tools like we told them to do. They have left our organization on good terms and I would be happy to provide the names and numbers to you through email.

Regards-
Brooke

#157775 01/17/06 06:50 PM
K
I am glad you are willing to be so candid, thanks:

1) Do you sue attendees of your Success Days for sharing info they learned at Success Days? And were you not so surprised to learn that you were making nearly as much money suing these prospective customers, as you would make getting their business, that you freely share with/warn attendees about this?

2) What is Better about ESI than Nexstar?

3) Other than the idea to look in old phone books for the numbers of competitors that went of business, would you throw us another bone from the vast group of tips you share with attendees? The guy from ESI who profiles members of the Electrician Board, I believe named Troy, told me that obvious one. He called me 5 or 6 times, but could never remember my first name. Felt like I was buying a mattress.

4) Would it be fair to say you have collected at least $4,000,000.00 in revenue from your first 200 members? AND would it be fair to say ESI will make at least $10,000,000.00 when its goal of 500 members is met? Is it true that these figures are only for the first years fees, and don't include revenue from the yearly dues?

5) Would you share some of the comments made by those who decided they didn't want to follow your systems, and backed out. No specific names, just real comments. Did those people get their $20,000.00 back?

Thanks again for your honesty with this subject!

#157776 01/17/06 09:49 PM
R
When you say..
"I am not trying to sell the membership to you, however, I will answer any questions you have about ESI."

I ask...
How do the arrive at the $83,000 profit guarantee figure.

Thanks.

#157777 01/17/06 09:59 PM
D
One other question if you don't mind...

If this system is so good, why are you not using it, rather than working for someone?

Dnk....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard