ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Flatrating seems to be the way to goto make the money.
Somehow it seems that the guy selling the job is getting cut short every time the selling price goes up.
The minutes adjusted,yeah sure but it means nothing else but selling at a higher price.
For the employer it always works out,the technician is the one paying for it.
The money per job goes up and the billable minutes per job are going down,because compensating it by selling more or the same at a higher price is only possible to a certain extend.
There is a limit for all that,called people are not stupid.So in the end you are selling the same service for the same $$$
but as the selling technician you will end up with a smaller incentive.Been there ,done that, got the t shirt.
What do you think?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
E
First let me say welcome to the forum.

Second, your ramblings make very little sense. It sounds like you have a problem with your employer. You should probably address these issuses with him/her and maybe they can explain why they changed whatever they changed that you don't like.

T
It WOULD be SO much easier to sell those jobs if they were cheaper. I'll bet you could sell 20 jobs a day at an average of $25. That's $500 a day times 250 working days per year and you'll have $125,000.00 per year with a 2 week vacation. Forget the employer incentives, get out on your own & give it a shot, teraohm1.

T
thnx for the welcome, sure not rambling.
just pointing out facts.Sure not doing $25 jobs either.
seems some sensitive area there and usually when people react that sensitive it means
hit the nail on the head
The employer is me just for the records.

"Been there ,done that, got the t shirt"

[This message has been edited by teraohm1 (edited 09-26-2005).]

[This message has been edited by teraohm1 (edited 09-26-2005).]

T
OK teraohm1, maybe if you filled out your profile, or introduced yourself, and told us all what kind of company you're running, your post would be easier to follow. Your first post sounds a lot like a tech complaining about his job.

Dave

T
dave
i think all of you missing the point here
I have worked as an employee for several years and have experienced both sides of flatrating,the good and the bad .If you read my post you will see that it opens with...flatrating is the way to go to make money and thats true.
To answer your question I am in Venice/Fl
and my company is doing great.Better than ever.
As for the $ 25 jobs comment,I thought you were able to calculate a breakpoint.Dave,honest, if you do add it up like this you will not get far.So how are you doing Dave? 125000$ a year?

[This message has been edited by teraohm1 (edited 09-27-2005).]

T
Grrrr said the tiger

Grrrr said the tiger
teraohm1,

I'm thinking Grrrr too. Please lighten up, I thought your post was confusing myself. It sure sounded like a disgruntled employee point of view to me too. Now that you've explained things somewhat maybe things can progress from there.

Bill

Bill
T
I'm all for being helpful. Maybe you'd be kind enough to restate your question with clarity.

Dave

R
If we're going to be civil here, I'd like to take the opportunity to get a small sampling of the "flatrate" price schedule.
For example, what would be the cost of replacing a 20' section of deteriorated SE cable from the taps to the meter?
How about the installation of a ceiling fan with full attic access and fishing a switch leg to the existing box that has adequate volume?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard