ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Here is something else to stir the pot. As you may or may not know, Senate Bill 932, "The Illiois Electricians Act" passed the Senate earlier this year and in my conversations with Speaker Madigan's office, stands a good chance of passing the House this fall or next spring. I have also been told the Guv will bless it as well. I know this does not relate to registration per village, but it will have a huge impact on licensing.

May want to gear up fellas. I think it is on its way!

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
D
The only problem is they dumped it into the OSFM (Office of the State Fire Marshal) - a likely resource but one that is already suffering from poor morale and personnel retention problems.

They should have used OSFM as a resource and sent it to Bureau of Professional Regulation...

ETA - saw the exemption for "Any city, village, or incorporated town having a population of 500,000 or more..."

Gee... they must be talking about Schaumburg... rolleyes

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 10-30-2005).]

A
That last time I looked at the bill It was my understanding there was a double standard. A what ever over 500,000 people can make it's own rules and testing. If your licianced in the 500K place you can work anywhere in IL. But being licenced in IL does not allow you to work in the 500K place. IMO it is to reduce suburban EC from working in Chicago. But give Chi EC the advantage. Sorta like the way it is now where Chicago only accepts a Chicago license.

At least the bill puts everyone elce in IL on the same page.

Tom

T
I'm having trouble connecting to a site with this bill. Could someone copy & paste it into this thread?

As for Chicago, you couldn't pay me enough for that trip. The trip downtown for a permit for anything in Cook County is enough to deter me.

Dave

D
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ful...p;LegID=17976&SpecSess=&Session=

If that link doesn't work, go to www.ilga.gov ,

and then click on "Bills and Resolutions",

then "Senate - Bills": look for 0901 - 1000 (in the right column, second down),

Then click on

SB0932 REGULATION-TECH

Click on "Full Text".

T
Thanks Doug.

This would be SO GOOD for business!

Dave

S
Amen Dave.

Good 'ole supply & demand!

Steve

K
kd Offline
Also, does anybody know if the multiple city fee law is in effect in California?
Incidentally,this is not exclusively electrical, but in my town, Santa Rosa, it costs over $40,000. to get a permit for building a 2000 SF house.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard