ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cat Servant
The earlier questions made clear that the GC has a very big effect on our ability to do our job, keep our promises.

Do you make the less desireable GC's pay for their shoddiness- by quoting a higher price on their jobs?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
L
LK Offline
Yes, which is most of the time, we have a few GC's that are on top of things, and hire qualified subs, they are a pleasure to work for, and then there are the guys that shop at the last minute to find the lowest bidder for all his subs, this type of GC is everyones nightmare.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 08-02-2005).]

M
My best and favorite GC's scheduler/ project manager left the company about a year ago. It was a great company to sub with, no payment delay's, change orders were expected for any changes the customer made, and the other subs were controlled very well. Well the new replacement guy could not be more opposite. Now all the customer's are steaming mad at the contractor by the time I get to the project. Things are not written down and forgotten promptly. The new carpenter crew he brougt in are fellow drunkard's of his from his favorite bar, and they are allways hung over each day. I could go on and on. My prices to them are now about double what they were berfore. I still think I am going to need to raise them higher or else stop working for them alltogether.

Link Copied to Clipboard