ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#156755 06/27/05 04:30 PM
J
jayson Offline OP
does an employer have to give a notice before they mandatory ovrtime? thanks.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#156756 06/27/05 04:46 PM
D
Once again, that depends on many factors...

Collective bargainers(union) workers, sometime have limits to when and how often a worker can work overtime.

Open shops for the most part, and I emphasize the most part here, don't force you to work overtime. But most employees love it for the obvious reasons, bigger paychecks.

I don't know if they must notify you in advance and don't know if there is a law on the books stating a window of time that must be adhered to, but why do you ask?

No-one likes to be forced to work overtime, but then again there are some out there who "milk" jobs, so they can work overtime to finish them. When in reality, there was plenty of time to do the job in the first place, in the amount of time given.

Dnk.....

#156757 06/27/05 07:16 PM
J
jayson Offline OP
i have no problem at all working ot but today at quiting time boss said we had to work over we havent worked ot in over a month and i had things i had to do today or i would have stayed. i just wondered if theres like a lenght of time they have to give you before you work over

#156758 06/27/05 08:56 PM
E
I don't know if there's a law or not, it may depend on where you live.

Personally, I ask for volunteers if it's for Saturday work. If a job has to be done today, I'll ask that crew to stay and finish if it's at all possible. Most of the time nobody complains. By the same measure, I don't complain too much when the guys come in and ask if they can leave early. Give and take.

Link Copied to Clipboard