ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 193 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#156466 05/12/05 07:57 PM
G
sorry about spelling... very mad....

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#156467 05/20/05 06:09 PM
N
The only time I caught a so called GC pulling a permit in my name, I sued the S.O.B. for fraud.
I think that anyone who pulls a permit in some one else's name should be sent to prison and fined at least 5 times the cost of the whole job the contracted for.

ed
#156468 05/21/05 12:46 PM
W
Thanks for all the input and "venting." I did the job and the people are safe at least for the work I did. I found out that the the house was a rental property for the contractors father and he was the one who got one of his friends to do the wiring. I talked to the father one afternoon when I was finishing up and he said his friend had been a Journeyman electrician for about 15 years and he couldn't understand why so much was wrong. It seems that one of the contractors guys...not an electrician by any stretch of the imagination had made the hook ups for the wiring. The fathers friend had just pulled the wire for the father and left it coiled in the attic while the rest of the remodel was going on. Then the contractors guy said he was told to hook everything up. He also was the one who ran the #6-3 to the new dryer location out the back of the panel into the closet (no connector in the panel) to an outside wall up to and on the underside of the eve, back into the garage and along the wall to the dryer plug. Then he landed it on a 70A 2-pole breaker!!! He was also the one who went to hook up the 30A wire to the A/C unit and made the connections to the low voltage wiring and fried the board. Anyway it has all been taken care of. I charged the contractor about $1400 and just got the check yesterday.
Sure don't like coming in after some yokel tries to show how little he knows about electrical.

"Yesterday, I koodent spell Elektision...today I r one!!!"

I sure wish those kinda guys would just stand on their hind legs and tell "whomever" that they don't know what they are doing and to go get a licensed electrician. It sure would have been a lot cheaper for the contractor and a whole lot easier on the new homeowners. By the way, I think the contractor fired the guy he told to do the hook-ups...CYA!

Thanks ya'll...and have a nice day

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard