ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#155198 12/10/04 12:47 AM
B
IS there any way to use this system on residential houses?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#155199 12/10/04 05:24 AM
K
A-line, I don't know, I think you'll find your employees arguing over who gets the easier jobs. Also, encouraging employees to complete jobs in the shortest amount of time is not conducive to good workmanship. I think a boss who communicates well with his employees will be 99% sure of who is doing a good job or not. You should award bonuses based on your profit for the month/ quarter or year. But above all........Shout your employees a beer on friday nights and don't talk aout work while your having those beers.

#155200 12/10/04 12:58 PM
A
I think you could use this system in about any situation except T&M. If you know how much time you estimated the job to take and the employee completes it sooner than you would know how many points to award. As far as employee fighting over taking the easiest jobs on service calls the employees are dispatched out on jobs as they become available. If the estimated hours for the easier jobs are less than for the more difficult ones I don't see how job difficulty would matter. The tech has more time to complete the difficult job. He gets points based on the difference of estimated time and actual completed time. If you have more than one employee on the same job they would split the time for the entire job.
If they do a poor quality job they should understand that they would loose all points.
You wouldn't even have to let the employee know that you are using this system if you don't want. You could secretly keep track of each employees points earned and base pay raises and bonuses on these amoung other criteria.
I think were this system works best is in the residential service business. The employees are turning in invoices with their names on them making it easier to track.
They should also be rewarded if they sell aditional work while there. Such as installing a GFCI recpt in a bathroom.
I don't know if quality would suffer as I have never used this system. I was wondering if someone has and if it has worked for them.
I believe if the employee doesn't have some kind of incentive to complete the job quicker that they may get slower at doing them after awhile if there isn't anything in it for them.
I don't think you will ever find a system that is perfect. I think all will have pros and cons. Just need to find one that has more pros than cons.

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 12-10-2004).]

[This message has been edited by A-Line (edited 12-10-2004).]

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard