Yep I've heard of the "stick a penny in the fuse slot and all is good again" trick....but my goodness people really oughta think twice about what they're doing....if the fuse box keeps blowing fuses there's an obvious reason behind this.
Yep I've also heard of the "bullet being used for a fuse" with the two southern boys....that's what happens when you're a redneck.
Of course I keep spare fuses in the glove box in case this ever happens.
Now for the "put chewing gum foil over the fuse to make it work again"...that I will admit (I've not tried it) that some folks at my shop have done that whenever our engine/hydraulic driven bomblifts (I work in the Air Force) blow their fuses out on the flightline....it's just a quick fix to hurry up and drive it back in the shop before it becomes stranded on the flight line in the middle of taxiing aircraft.
Randy I'm curious....was that fuse box located inside or outside of the house? Sounds like you probably re-wired the house and re-did all of the electrical work...which was a good thing...that woman oughta feel blessed her house didn't burn to the ground due to sheer stupidity...by the sounds of it I'm guessing the house she lives in has been in her family's name for a long time?
So how did they have that tap connected? Did they have a 5-15 receptacle that was ungrounded? Or did they just "cut off the ground prong"? (I've seen this done countless times and it makes me wonder if people are really at all concerned about safety)
The other thing that gets me is the one receptacle behind the stove....I can only wonder where the other 2 receptacles were located?? And having to use the light socket in the ceiling with an extension cord as a hair dryer????
I guess they wern't lying when they said "in the old days there wern't many appliances used in the home"...how big was this house anyways? Doesn't sound like it was very big at all....
[This message has been edited by Dawg (edited 10-30-2006).]