ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 519 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
XtheEdgeX
I think where this misunderstanding started is when you stated, "And don't forget that ct's are directional. There is a polarity mark on them, to distinguish the direction of the flow of current."
The "direction of the flow of current" part is misleading. When you say "polarity" and the "direction of flow" it sounds as if you are talking DC.
I have to agree with NJwirenut.
There is no direction of flow with ac. current. This is more of an orientation issue as in line and load.
Do you not agree that Ac current has no direction of flow ? If you say that it does have a direction of flow could you please tell me which way it flows.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
N
Gotta love people who delete all their posts when they are questioned about one of their statements...

Kind of destroys any future value in the thread for someone looking through the archives. [Linked Image]

R
Gotta love people who delete all their posts when they are questioned about one of their statements...

It's a pity that all the statements re the CT issue from XtheEdgeX have been edited out by himself.

Editing is for spelling mistakes!!

Ithought that only a moderator could do that and so it should be. It destroys the discussion going on at that time.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Trumpy Offline OP
Ray,
I thought that only a moderator could do that and so it should be. It destroys the discussion going on at that time.
Members can edit their own posts, for things like spelling errors and the like.
However, removing the whole thing, as Mr X has chosen to do is a bit on the nose.
However, only a moderator can remove the posts entirely. [Linked Image]

X
I removed my posts in an attempt to clean up the mess I started, but yet again, I aggravated some. I obviously got off on the wrong foot here. All I was trying to say, was that a properly installed CT has the polarity mark facing the source, in order to have the secondary outputs to the meter be in the proper orientation, for the meter to read correctly. I don't think I deserved the third degree because my first post was too simplified. But, from now on, if I post, I will be sure to choose my words more carefully, as to not be misleading. Sorry for getting on everyone's nerves.

Trumpy Offline OP
XtheEdgeX,
I accept your apology and sure we have all said things on this BB that we may regret, but to go through and delete your entire postings from a large thread like this has left the whole thing rather dis-jointed.
{end of subject, lets just keep this thread on topic, everyone}. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard