ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat Box
Recent Posts
Thought this was funny
by Ronny - 12/03/20 06:08 PM
From an outsider- How does tipping work?
by gfretwell - 12/02/20 02:38 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by Trumpy - 12/02/20 04:11 AM
Where is Everyone?
by Trumpy - 12/02/20 03:51 AM
What does your work place look like?
by Trumpy - 12/02/20 03:42 AM
New in the Gallery:
Facebook follies, bad wiring
FPE in Germany pt.2
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ronny), 25 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149756 02/03/04 06:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 136
S
SAFTENG Offline OP
Member
Man electrocuted in 'freak accident'
A man has been electrocuted at Maclean in northern New South Wales.

The man's small dog was also killed in what police have desribed as "a freak accident".

They say a chicken wire fence built to contain the dog became live after an electrical short-circuit in a neighbouring house.

The 22-year old man was in bare feet and in the rain when he touched the fence, apparently trying to help the dog which was unconscious and lying near the fence.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Re: Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149757 02/05/04 09:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 33
J
jeffrose Offline
Member
A dog was killed in Boston (Charlestown)MA last night walking on the sidewalk by "a abandoned shorted out utility wire"

Re: Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149758 02/06/04 07:43 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,359
Trumpy Offline
Member
This sounds rather strange.
But, since when is a live fence, a "freak accident"?.
Also a short circuit in the neighbours house should not have livened the fence.
Really makes you wonder though, how on earth did the fence become live?
Was it because of a damaged underground cable?. [Linked Image]
Jeff,
I came across some wires protruding from a wall last week down the Main Street in town and just out of curiosity, tested them with my meter.
And they were hot with 230V!.
Sure these wires were about 6ft above the ground, but I can't people that there are people around that are so stupid that they leave live wires exposed.
Imagine the uproar, if a child had grabbed that Utility wire instead of a dog!. [Linked Image]
Some people just have no brains!.


Featured:

2020 National Electrical Code
2020 National Electrical
Code (NEC)

* * * * * * *

2020 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2020 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman

 

Member Spotlight
RH1
RH1
California
Posts: 22
Joined: August 2009
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Trumpy 20
Popular Topics(Views)
272,207 Are you busy
206,095 Re: Forum
194,097 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3