ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trumpy Offline OP
Hi there guys,
As a co-Moderator of this Forum,
I was just wondering what you people were looking for in an Occupational Safety Forum like this.
Things have become a wee bit stagnant over the last few months and I'm willing to ask if there are further topics that we haven't looked at or if you want to post something new, please be my guest.
Also, to those who might be on the outside looking in, please by all means, register and post all you like, you're more than welcome. [Linked Image]
It can be about anything that fits the glove of Occupational Health and Safety or just Safety in General.
It's all the same price here, folks! [Linked Image]
Cheers,
Trumpy. [Linked Image]
{Edited to remove spelling errors}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 12-30-2003).]

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
R
Links to particuliar standards (OSHA, NFPA, etc...) involved with safety.

Links to safety video or computer movies, for use in safety meetings.

Personal issues, like "How to handle the idiot manager who cares more for the bottom line than for Electrical Safety!" or "I ran across this hazardous installation, now what do I do?"

I'm sure other topics will enter my mind just as I post this, so I will try to come back with more, later!

Hey Trumpy, keep up the hard work moderating this forum, and for your postings in the others!

Rick Miell

Trumpy,

Rick's idea of more Links and information is a good one

I would like to see more open constructive discussion when it comes to Safety Rules and Regulations. If someone thinks the system doesn't work - why? What would be better? Be as specific as possible.

I would like to mention >> We do have people here whose job is Safety related, beating up on them for doing or believing in their job is not constructive and not acceptable here.

Bill

Bill
Here are some sites that have safety related items:
http://joetedesco.com/safety.html
http://www.bussmann.com/services/safetybasics

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Trumpy Offline OP
Bill,
I agree, Rick's ideas there are right beauties! and I thank him for posting them.
I'm currently researching some stuff to post here, with regard to his comments and along a few things of my own, I hope to make this a more useful Area to log into.
Joe,
Thanks for the links, mate!. [Linked Image]
I've always been a great fan of an open discussion of Safety, if anyone else feels this way, please go ahead, but please lets keep this car on the road, this is a Safety Forum, after all.
Thanks all to those that replied to this post, I will always take on board constructive criticism, if it helps me do my task better, as a Moderator, all the better, I say. [Linked Image]

P
One of the problems with the internet (links) is the validity of the iformation. When posting links, making sure the links are valid is important. I am not saying this has not happened ... just keeping it in the front of the brain [Linked Image].

I like the photos - as they are very interesting. I for one have been very selfish in seeing others post theirs. I will make an effort to send some of mine in to help spark some conversation, I have thousands and will sort through them.

These forums are invaluable and I believe will evolve as time goes on, the hard work of the people involved is appreciated, thanks to all!

Prior to these forums, an average person such as myself saw mostly what happened in the industry as what happened where I lived/worked. Now I have a much broader view.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
Trumpy Offline OP
PCBelarge,
Are you saying that you have found a "Dead-Link" in a posting here?.
Please let us know, either through email or through a posting here, there's no point in having links here, that don't do what they say they are going to do!. [Linked Image]
Bring it on Pierre. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard