ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 405 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#148003 04/24/03 04:50 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announces the following recall in voluntary cooperation with the firm below. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product:
Electric Blankets

Units:
11,000 manufactured.

Manufacturer:
WestPoint Stevens Inc., of West Point, Ga.

Hazard:
When the blanket is folded, the heating element can overheat, causing the heating element and blanket to melt. This poses the risk of thermal burns to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries:
WestPoint has received 10 reports of the blankets overheating, including four reports of minor skin burns.

Description:
The Vellux ® fahrenheit™ blankets were sold in various colors and sizes to fit all mattress sizes. The temperature controller is white with the words, "WESTPOINT STEVENS" and "fahrenheit Heated Blanket" printed on the front. The recall includes blankets manufactured from July 2002 through January 2003. The manufacture date is printed on a label sewn into the seam.
Click >> more info

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Well,
Another Electric Blanket recall, but I am not being cynical here, if not cared for properly, you might as well be lying on the overhead lines outside your house, if the thing is damaged in any way.
Electric blankets are responsible for more injuries and deaths than any other appliance, due to either shock or fire and that's the truth!.
Reference: NZ Fire Service paper 127:6 also 128:2. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard