ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) voted unanimously to ban the manufacture and sale of lead-cored wicks and candles with lead-cored wicks. CPSC determined that candles using lead-cored wicks could present a lead poisoning hazard to young children. The federal ban, which applies to all domestic and imported candles, should deter manufacturers from making non-conforming wicks, allow the U.S. Customs Service to stop shipments of non-conforming wicks and candles, and allow for the CPSC to seek penalties for violations of the ban.

"Over the past 30 years, CPSC has been at the forefront of protecting the nation's children from the hazards associated with lead," said CPSC Chairman Hal Stratton. "The ban of lead-cored candlewicks should give parents with young children peace of mind that the burning of votive, pillar or container candles will not emit a dangerous toxin."

A CPSC investigation found that despite a voluntary industry agreement in the 1970s to remove lead from candle wicks, a small percentage of candles sold in the past several years still contained lead-cored wicks. CPSC staff found that some lead-cored wicks could emit relatively large amounts of lead into the air during burning. Children may then inhale the vaporized lead, placing them at risk. Children may also be exposed to lead by mouthing objects on which lead has settled or by handling such objects and then mouthing their hands.
Click >> more info

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
We've had cotton wicks in our candles for years, in NZ.
I remember learning how to make candles at Primary School and I think that a couple of people, in my classroom got the wrong idea, they are both serving long sentences for Arson!.
Mind you, why would you want to chew on a candle anyway?, ever tasted them things?,
they're too waxy for my liking!. [Linked Image]

We've had cotton wicks in our candles for years, in NZ.
I remember learning how to make candles at Primary School and I think that a couple of people, in my classroom got the wrong idea, they are both serving long sentences for Arson!.
Mind you, why would you want to chew on a candle anyway?, ever tasted them things?,
they're too waxy for my liking!. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard