UPDATE, Explosion at Sears blamed on error
December 17, 2001

MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS, Ohio -- Human error is to blame for an explosion that temporarily shut down a Sears store October 29. Investigators in Middleburg Heights say two technicians working on an electrical panel accidentally set of the explosion. The panel was carrying approximately 5,000 volts of electricity. Both men were injured in the incident and face a lengthy recovery.

For more electrical incidents news and other serious industrial accidents, go to www.SAFTENG.net