ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
And aren't there some peat powered stations too; know there's one in County Offally.

Learning everyday from the web; some of it relevant!
P
The pressure from the environmental lobby was so strong that it never happened.
Hasn't there also been fairly constant opposition to the Windscale/Sellafield site too? (Which for those unfamiliar with the geography of this part of the world is on the northwest English coastline, just a hop and skip across the Irish Sea.)

Have you ever seen those 1950s promotional films for nuclear power (or as it was commonly called at the time "atomic power") which were predicting that within a few years power generation would become so cheap that it wouldn't be worth metering?

And aren't there some peat powered stations too; know there's one in County Offally.
There's one slap bang in the middle of Co. Mayo, or at least there was when I was there a few years ago. I was driving through around dusk time, and to see the power station looming in the dusk in the middle of miles of bleak, open peat bog was quite spooky.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 01-13-2007).]

K
Rodalco, a nuclear power plant north of Auckland would also be a much needed economic boost for the area. The Northland region would benefit greatly from this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard