ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#142968 04/18/05 11:18 PM
I
Itoh Offline OP
We are working for Russian construction project. According to our Russian partner, wiring methos for 24V DC instrument such as transmitter, solenoid valve, gas detectors, etc. shall be 3-wire system (+/- and earthing). As far as I know, the 3-wire method is very old Russian practice and it is not valid any more. Therefore we understand that europian style 2-wire system (+/- only) is sufficient for 24V DC instrument wiring. Also as far as we checked, we have never found out such code&standard requirement of "3-wire".

R
Good luck finding anything on Russian Codes. I spent a few months trying to track down High Voltage information last year with no luck.

You probably will have to get your Russian partner to produce a copy of their code. If they can't try to discuss a solution based on what you know about European standards.

From what I have heard about problems with Code enforcement in Sakhalin you might be screwed.

P.S. If you do get hold of actual Russian wiring code feel free to post it!

Link Copied to Clipboard