ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#140264 02/23/04 07:19 AM
E
The commpany where Im working is extremely comitted with safety (and it's very good).

During the maintenance procedures is a standard procedure to work with deenergized equipment (as possible).

When we are talking about preventive maintenance it's really possible. But when talking about troubleshooting in some equipments (as variable speed drives, plcs and so on) it's completly unfeasible.

I'm interested in share with you all the experiences we (together) have about safety procedures in terms of electrical shock and electric arc to prevent incidents and the adequate ppe should be useful.

I'm interested in share type of ppe's as gloves, clothes and so on.

For example, sometimes we have to use insulating gloves to check electronic plates using a multitester or doing adjusts in adjustable resistors... If we are using a very flexible glove it's ok but sometime it means an additional difficult to the electrician. The glove reduces his senses in terms of touching the right place over the electronic plate. Touching in a wrong check point can start an unsafety situation.

I'd appreciate in receive some of your experience about it.

#140265 02/24/04 07:53 AM
P
Emilio,

Safety concerns such as this have been the subject of many discussions at ECN.

I'm moving this topic into the Occupational Safety Area, as I think you might get some wider response there.

Click here for the new thread.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 02-24-2004).]

Link Copied to Clipboard