ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#1394 05/09/01 04:34 PM
J
jms6459 Offline OP
I am in need of a licensed and insured electrician to do some, what I think is, minor electrical repairs on a small house in Milford, Pennsylvania.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

S
Well....let your fingers do the walkin'

[Linked Image]

J
jms6459 Offline OP
Originally posted by sparky:
Well....let your fingers do the walkin'

laugh

Tried that once before and ended up with someone who said they were licenses but, in fact, was not licensed nor insured...the phone book is great for some things, but not all.

Tom Offline
Talk to your friends and neighbors, see who they used.

Try the yellow pages again. When dealing with the contractor, ask him to have his insurance agent send you a "Certificate of Insurance" before you allow him to do any work. Make sure that it is sent by his agent & that the contractor does not give you a copy of his policy, it is not the same thing. Also, have him furnish proof of Workers Compensation Coverage if he will be sending employees to your house.

Look in the phone book for electrical inspectors & call a few in your area. Maybe they will tell you who is doing good work.

Tom

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Your local electrical materials supplier may be a good choice to ask too. They see contractors everyday and have first name basis with the reputable ones.

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 05-09-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
Here in Westchester County, NY the county gives us a nifty little ID card that says Licensed Master Electrician. It also has the license number on it so that a customer can call the county and see if the electrician has any complaints against him.

W
Hi jms6459,

I like Tom suggestion. They of all people can and some will give you a recommendation.

besides they see at least 50 % of work done, taking in consideration that 50 % of work may not have to pull permits on.

As Sparky66wv said the Electrical Wholesale place is also another area, they are on first name basis with a lot of electricans.

I believe Tom has said it best.
[Linked Image]
Wayne

Link Copied to Clipboard