ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#136090 03/09/03 08:01 PM
L
My insurance has just taken a 500%+ increase on last year.
In N.Ireland there appears to be only one insurance company operating PLI.Appears other companies are pulling out of the market. This will seriously affect my business.
Is insurance expensive elsewhere?

regards

lyle dunn
Lyle,
The Insurance game over here in NZ, is one of deception and a lot of people creaming the top off of the milk.
Being a Fire-Fighter, I am very dubious of any moves by the Insurance companies, to do anything, after all, If it wasn't for the Insurance companies, the Great Fire of London, would never have happened. [Linked Image]

Lyle,
Sorry about that aside in my last reply to you, but I think personally, with a lot of Insurance Companies being swallowed up by big Multi-National companies, they can more or less set thier own terms and conditions of them insuring you, if they choose to.
This privilege also means, that they also set a Premium that suits THEM, not the end user.
Sooner or later, there will be little competition in Insurance and I reckon that there will be 2 or 3 very large companies, controlling the world of Insurance.
But Lyle 500%, is a little difficult to justify, however, it's like daylight robbery, because PLI, is something you must have. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard