ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#131911 09/15/04 10:44 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Just a little question here,
I have a lap-top (Sony VIAO) that uses a different ISP to my usual PC that I use to access the net.
Should I have a different IP Address in here at ECN?.
Some of my posts in the OSD Area should be under a different IP number, but does anyone care?
I love this lap-top though, even though it does get a little warm!.
Also, when are the days going to start where you slip a card into your PC and get Wireless Access to the Net going to happen?. [Linked Image]

#131912 09/16/04 09:44 AM
P
Unless your two service providers share a common pool of dynamically allocated IP addresses (unlikely unless one is a subsidiary or affiliate with the other), then yes, you'll have a different IP address.

Have you posted here with the second ISP yet? I just had a look at the addresses on some of your posts in the non-U.S. area and they are all showing up as belonging to Telecom Internet Services of NZ Telecom.

#131913 09/18/04 03:45 AM
G
Mike, we use it in the office, and I'm so glad, I just take my home laptop to the office, it gets a new IP addresse (different from at home with adsl,) and it is on the net, with a remote control you can use it as u like. Also if I need anything to take home just sinchronize the mobile phone with the office pc, and take it home, and sinchronize with my home notebook. I don't even need to carry the notebook.

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#131914 09/19/04 02:32 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Well,
We might as well forget about me owning a laptop for the time being.
I had a visit from the boys in blue this afternoon, they confiscated it and told me I was lucky not to be charged with recieving stolen goods.
I was sold the thing at a second-hand price, by a guy I have known for a while, that told me that he was going overseas and he wouldn't be needing it anyway.
Believe me, he'll be having a trip of one sort when I get a hold of him!.
Grrrr!.

#131915 09/19/04 04:41 AM
T
twh Offline
That puts a different spin on your initial post. Maybe you can get better responses if you provide all the information when you ask the question. Try "I have a STOLEN lap-top that uses a different ISP".

a little warm
I love that!

Link Copied to Clipboard