ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
http://www.spellcheck.net/

Lots of text-manipulation tools as well. However, it didn't do well with British spelling (-ise, -our, etc.)...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Translate English into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, or Spanish. Also translates the other direction.

翻译英语到汉语。
Traduisez anglais-français.
Übersetzen Sie Englisch zum Deutschen.
Traduca l'inglese ad italiano.
英語から日本語を翻訳しなさい。
한국인에게 영어를 번역하십시요.
Traduza o inglês a Portugese.
Traduzca el inglés al español.

ThinkGood,
This could be really handy, does it do Dutch?. [Linked Image]

T

ThinkGood,
Thanks for that,
I tried to learn Dutch last year, but try as I did, I couldn't get my tongue around some of the words.
Us Kiwi guys, don't tend to take on other languages too well, mainly because, we want to be able to speak it NOW, without learning the small nuances of the language, this can make for a really shocking interpretation of any language!!. [Linked Image]

T
This whole translation thing reminds me of an episode from I Love Lucy. I don't remember the exact details, but I think they were in France and somebody was arrested. They needed somebody who spoke English, but there wasn't anybody, so they found somebody who spoke French and Spanish, and so the translations went from French to Spanish to English. Some of the meanings were lost in the double translation...

P
I found the episodes where they were visiting London quite amusing. Fred gave Ethel ten pounds to spend, then nearly feinted when he learned how much that was in American money.

Then somebody tried to explain to Lucy that there were 12 pence to a shilling, 20 shillings to a pound, and that a shilling was worth so many cents.

"No wonder the pilgrims left for America!"

Wonderful line! Ay, ay, ay...... [Linked Image]

T
Paul:

I wonder how many times a joke went over my head because I never was able to follow the British money system years ago.

I still say that Fawlty Towers was the best.

N
This one is really cool! It adds a button to your Internet Explode, I mean Internet explorer tool bar. Works just like a word processor spell check.

http://www.iespell.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard