ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 264 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Where can I purchase a head lamp for working in unlit basements and attics.I am tired of biting on my small Mag flashlight.
Chris

C
If you don't want the real thing, any well stocked electrical suply store or "big box" should have a cheap imitation of them. Also, try a camping supply catalog or store.

Peter
C
CT,Thanks for the suggestions.I never thought about the camping supply store.
Chris

L
Lots of styles. Battery pack on the head band or on belt. Primary or rechargeable batteries. Lots of options. Some are very robust.
http://www.caves.org/imo/lamps.htm

E
I have seen at target and walmart an actual head harness that uses your maglite for just that purpose. It is located in the camping section.

C
Cross country skiers also use something similar for skiing at nite. LL Bean's is a good place to get these. If they break, they replace them. Had good luck and very little hassles from them on replacing merchandise.
If you are not an eyeglass wearer, there is also a unit that looks like plastic eyeglass frames with the lites on each ear piece. I wear glasses so I can't use that one. My stepson got one for xmas a couple of years ago from me and he uses it all the time.

[This message has been edited by Currently (edited 08-22-2002).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Chris,
Try a Police supply store. They carry all kinds of neat lighting stuff. I got a Surefire flashlight for attics and crawlspaces and several pen sized quartz lights at our local Police supply. The pen size lights are a lot lighter and smaller than a mag light. They take quadruple A cells, theyre bright enough to light up a J box in the attic and they last a LONG time. My next purchase will be their 2 stage headlamp with 7 led lamps, 2 for long life and all 7 for "high beams". They cost $35.00

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oh and by the way. Mag light makes a plastic mouthpiece for holding the light. No joke.

T
I purchased a Streamlight Septor headlamp about a month ago. This is an LED unit, light, 3 positions - 1, 3 or 7 LEDs. Uses 3 AAA batteries. I don't know how I lived without one!! Cost $35.00

S
REI.Com has a nice selection of headlamps. Some even have the external battery packs so you do not have much weight on your head.

SD
It is best for a leader to be both feared and loved. But since this usually cannot be done, it is safer to be feared.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard