ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
CAB Offline OP
Can anyone suggest how the scott35 excel spreadsheet for single phase 120/240 could be modified to correctly calculate the load for a 120/208 panel? Also unsure of the use of abbreviations on the following columns: LTG, REC, MSC, BKR, LCL, BUS. Final question, would say a single phase compressor running at 208v and 24.4 amps be listed under columns A and B on the same row or on successive rows in order for the spreadsheet to correctly tabulate amperage?

Thanx in advance [Linked Image])
cb

btw: this post is also under general discussion, sorry for the repetition.
cb

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

B
So that we're on the same page, answers here refer to '1ph3.xls' in Psched1.exe.

Looks like LTG - lighting, REC – receptacle, MSC - miscellaneous, BKR – breaker (size), CKT – circuit number (odd-left/even-right), BUS – Aø or Bø bus connection.

The summed per-phase loads should work for a 120/208V 3w bus and ø-n or ø-ø connected loads, but they do not cancel [worst case] in the feeder ‘neutral’ lead like that of 120/240V 3w circuits. {Has nothing to do with harmonics, BTW.} If, for example, there were two 120V 16A loads connected Aø-N and Bø-N then the feeder neutral would also see [worst case] 16 amperes. A 208V 24A load connected Aø-Bø would reflect no neutral current. {duh.}

Although Scott’s schedules apply to most panelboards and switchboards, be aware that 1- or 2-pole molded-case breakers in "I-line" boards don’t fit the usual bussing-sequence rules.

Scott35, you have provided E-C.net members with a very worthwhile set of spreadsheets, that can be modified to fit specific needs. You have done the hard part…thanks!

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 08-17-2002).]

Broom Pusher and
Bjarney,

Thanks for the kind words!!!
You covered the answers correctly, plus the other related items!

I really want to build a better mouse trap [Linked Image] for the Panel Schedules.
When I get them finished and Debugged, I'll add them to ECN.

CAB, I posted a reply to this in the General Discussion area, so feel free to view that message if needed.

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Broom Pusher and
P.S.
To contact me via E-Mail, use this address:

dtbigred@pacbell.net

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard