ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#124007 06/24/06 12:25 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I've been driving past this every day on the roof of a local day care center, I keep waiting for the guys to come back and finish whatever they started, but it's been a week now and I'm beginning to think this is how it's supposed to be... That wire hanging down, if it is a wire and not just more tape, it's hard to tell, goes down and disappears into the box next to the meter. It's not as close to the playground equipment as the picture makes it out to be, but the wire hanging down and the meter is right next to the front door. Maybe thats just the phone line hanging down? I didn't want to get any closer as I suddenly realized that Im a guy man taking pictures out his car window of the children at a day care center. I decided I didn't want to try to explain to the police that I was interested in their electrical service and not in the children. If it were my kids there I'd want to ask the folks just what is the plan for that.

James Sentman
[Linked Image]

Cat Servant
If I had to guess, the plastic is some atttempt to shield workers from shock whlie they fixed the roof. If so, I doubt they'll ever return to remove it.

That has to be the cheapest form of sleeving I've ever seen.
Problem is, if it's not removed promptly, condensation will build up within the plastic and speed up any corrosion taking place.

D
I had a chance to drive by this place again the other day, and Renosteinke was correct. Almost a year later and it's still there. It's getting rather ratty and moldy looking, but so far still clinging to the lines. Another year and it will probably fall down on it's own...

Link Copied to Clipboard