ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
THANKS BILL!!! [Linked Image]

Caper

As I said, I have been "talking" with Joe for many years on many BB's. I guess I am just a nut, but talking and discussing code is one of my hobbies.

O
Hi, I'm from New Zealand same as Trumpy,
I have been in the industry for quite a while and am finally finishing Trade cert. the oldest apprentice in my Class ie old Appy. CW

S
I am new to the ECN. I am going for journeyman (SBCCI) in 6 days!!! I Have been doing DYI electrical work sporadically as a plumber(water heaters, thermostats, etc). But have been stricly electrician for about 2 years doing small stuff for some local contractors here in the south.I have 3 years electrical trade school through NCEER and commercial experience as a helper.
I like working at the hospitals what with all the critical systems, generators, It is definitely a field I am going to love learning about.
"it is not important to know everything. It is important to know where to get the information "

I did not get as think so badly as you shocked I did.
Sean WB,
We've met already, but Welcome to ECN!

You've "stumbled" upon a wealth of knowledge and a great group of folks here who love their trade and want to be their best.

Good luck!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-16-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
Thank you

I did not get as think so badly as you shocked I did.
L
I'm an Estimator/Project Manager for an electrical contractor in Baton Rouge, LA. Been in construction about 30 years. I am developing an estimating system based on Microsoft Excel. I am very interested in other estimators opinions on software. This looks like a great resource for contractors!

Oh it is!

Not only do you get quick and consise answers to most questions, some actually create a little controversy, which can be fun if handled like adults.

And not only can you learn from your questions answered, but from the questions and experiences of dozens of others as well!

It's a gold mine of info, and we try hard to be true to the trade.

Allow me to add that, in Sean's case especially, we can't help much in short notice as far as passing exams, but if you visit ECN daily for a year or so, you'll find yourself on a much higher awareness of code and standard practices and your next exam won't be so tough!

I haven't proven this theory by going and taking the IAEI test yet, but I'm gearing up for it again... I still wonder if I'm ready to be an Inspector on a personal level... It's a tough decision... I could get myself shot if I were as tough as Joe, Don, George and others here! And very precious few service installations in my area would completely pass code.

What to do...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-16-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Z
thanks for the welcome. I just opened the doors to 24 hour electric. i'm starting slow. i'll be doing my first house tomorrow. i'd rather be chasing elk this weekend but a man has to have priorities. i have a ton of questions on getting started for you guys. i've already spent hours sifting through your archives. a million thanks to arseegee on bidding. well many thanks dan'o

W
Hi Bill, welcome all new members and exisiting members.
I havt't posted much lately for i been kinda busy.
I am located in Fayetteville, NC, I am a licensed electrical and plumbing contractor, begain doing carpentry work in the early 70s, and in the 80s done a lot of remodeling, rm additions,carports, roofing, brick work, concrete ect.
obtain my electrial license in 86 and plumbing license in 87.
Sparky i beleive you are about the closest to my area that i know of.
Again welcome all members,hope to be talking to you guys.
wayne

It's Great to see some new people coming forward here!

Anybody else ??

;D
Bill

Bill
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard