ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 255 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#123350 03/21/06 12:14 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
A house I recently worked on had two cabinets that caught my interest; one was in a "Butler's pantry" and the other opened into a small bathroom, off a bedroom.

I found myself imagining the closets in use....and in my minds' eye, I saw shavers, radios, and other corded things in there.

Has anyone ever planned for this, and installed receptacles for a shelf or two?

- renosteinke
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
I put a receptacle in one of my closets for a rechargable vacuum, cordless mixer, and a screwdriver. I've been thinkg that outting the recharging station for the rechargable batteries may be a good idea also.

S
I put a double duplex in the linen closet in our bath for shavers, toothbrush, etc. Keeps all the clutter off the sink.
Also put a double duplex in the utility closet for dustbuster, etc.

Do you think the recep's in our bath linen closet should be on GFCI? They are, but I pose a Code question.
Generally the interpretation has been the closet in a bedroom is not the bedroom and any outlets would not have to be AFCI. Would the same apply to a linen closet in a bathroom???

Larry LeVoir
Inspector
City of Irvine, CA
H
I too have installed receptacles inside the vanity (on GFI) and in the bedroom closets (on arcfault). I've warned my customer to unplug the hairdryer before stuffing it into the vanity...I can picture the switch being nudged on while putting it away and burning the house down. As to the GFI I figure it is in the bathroom. And the arcfault the same thought. You can't get into or out of the closet without being in the bedroom so I always put the closet plugs on arcfault.

D
I've installed receptacles in kitchen cabinets for under cabinet lighting xformers .

Link Copied to Clipboard